Tuesday, October 16, 2007

oral; What Hari Raya Aidilfitri means to me.


Puan Ng, here is my oral.


After a month of fasting, we muslims will celebrate a joyful Hari Raya Aidilfitri on the first day of Syawal. On this very special day, families and friends will gather in a house or infact any place to celebrate. To me, Hari Raya Aidilfitri means a day where families and friends whom so long haven't met gather and enjoy themselves. No, its not just about the green packets filled with money but it is more about the day for forgive and forgave where people will ask for forgiveness from everyone. This way, it brings us closer together. For instant, on early raya morning, I will go to my parents and hug them and at the same time tell them how much i'm sorry for what i've done throughout the year and tell them how much i love them. Its a tradition for all Muslims to do this. During the first day of Raya, i spent my time by going to my auntie's houses and enjoy myself with my family. Its really amazing on this very day how everyone share their feelings with others including the none-Muslims. Like some of the Chineses or other religions will come to the Muslim's house and spend their time talking to them. By watching them gather together, I felt like were all connected somehow. Although, Hari Raya Aidilfitri only comes once a year, this day means alot to me. Just by talking about it makes me feel happy to have celebrated Hari Raya together with my family back in Penang.

No comments: